Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance Specialist is accountable for the ongoing evaluation of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and utility of laboratory operations and outputs as they relate to laboratory accreditation and on-going quality assurance programs.
- 1 year of forensic laboratory experience
- B.A./B.S. or M.A/M.S degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, toxicology, drug chemistry, or other related field
- Strong understanding of forensic laboratory accreditation requirements and compliance (ISO/IEC-17025 and ISO-19011)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Able to work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Possess strong written and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Evaluates the quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and utility of laboratory operations and outputs as they relate to Lab accreditation program
- Assures the effective implementation of policies and programs through extensive evaluation and direct management action
- Implements prescribed internal controls to eliminate or minimize the potential for fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, and inefficiency; and supplements internal controls where necessary to accommodate local operating conditions
- Completes internal control checklists for all functional areas within established time frames and reports results, and establishes and meets plans for correcting material weakness or refers weaknesses to higher levels for correction
- Maintains training program records
- Formulates and recommends action critical to improving the timeliness and quality of laboratory products and ensures that DPAA Lab-Offutt Director and the DPAA Laboratory Lead Quality Manager receive factual and accurate information from which to formulate and implement policy, as necessary
- Reviews and critiques case documentation for administrative adequacy and accuracy, ensuring that the scientific methodology and analysis meets the professional standards required by the lab accreditation program
- Utilizes appropriate project management techniques to plan, coordinate, and develop program execution plans and other plans for everyday and special laboratory projects
- Provides guidance regarding procedures and formats for submission, receives technical and resource input from project leaders
- Resolves administrative problems referred by members of the scientific staff
- Coordinates with lab administrators concerning the acquisition of goods and services pertaining to the modernization and sustainment of the lab relevant to the quality assurance program; such as equipment procurement and maintenance, procurement of anatomical material and other reference standards, facilities modernization, expansion and maintenance, acquisition of installation property and various laboratory services
- Conducts informal inquiries and investigations to ensure compliance with requirements of Laboratory Management System (ISO/IEC 17025, ANAB Guidelines, and the Laboratory Manual)
- Conducts surety checks on DPAA Lab-Hawaii test reports and forensic review documents
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the position for which you were hired
- Occasionally travels nationally and perhaps internationally (travel anticipated to be approximately 5-10%)
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access information using a computer for up to 4 hours at a time
- Requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time
- Individual must be capable of working under high stress and pressure of short deadlines
Additionally, as the workspace is an active forensic laboratory, you will be subject to the sites (and occasional smells) of skeletonized human remains as well as hearing conversations regarding deceased individuals.
Interested Foreign Nationals:
Foreign Nationals may be considered for this position. All foreign nationals must be able to demonstrate that they have lived in the United States for 3 of the past 5 years and have a US Social Security Number. These requirements must be met in order to move forward with the application process.
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.