Latent Print Examiner
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Latent Print Examiner with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US. For the last two years, SNA made the annual Inc. 500 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2020 SNA moved up on the list and is currently ranked number 150. SNA is the ninth fastest-growing government contractor.
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work in the DoD premier Forensic Center based in Fort Gillem, GA. May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process IED evidence to develop latent prints using standard laboratory procedures. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, cyanoacrylate fuming, fluorescent dye stains, powders in suspension, ninhydrin and indanedione.
- Identify, label, and photograph latent prints on evidence.
- Photograph each latent print using proper photographic equipment and techniques.
- Analyze latent prints in Adobe Photoshop to determine suitability and submit to the Defense Forensic Biometric Agency (DFBA). This determination shall be in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Compare latent prints to known prints and make conclusions.
- Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Interpret results for forensic and/or intelligence exploitation.
- Perform administrative and technical reviews of reports for fellow examiners.
- Maintaining proper chain of custody.
- Mix chemicals as required and perform quality checks on instruments and reagents.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a lab performing Latent Print examinations and analysis on all types of materials to include porous, non-porous, and semi-porous materials.
- Experience using chemical, physical, and digital latent print examination techniques to produce a suitable print for comparison.
- Experience with utilizing and submitting to ABIS, AFIS, and/or other national databases.
- Have 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 vision with no detected color vision deficiencies.
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.