***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US.
SNA International, LLC is seeking a Software Programmer to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in the Fort Belvoir area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review operating systems and software frequently and make any adjustments necessary to keep them running well
- Write code and implement computer programs on multiple systems
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering tools to automate some coding
- Perform all requirements needed for the implementation of automated computer systems from start to finish
- Use code libraries to simplify the writing of code
- Collaborate with software vendors, as needed
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- US citizen with an active Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field plus more than 5 years of experience performing software programming for technical programs
- Ability to find and fix any errors in programs, systems, and software
- Comprehension of algebra concepts to apply to data and to generate reports
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Willingness to work independently or with a team
- Analytical skills when creating computer code
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance
- Prior experience in software programming, preferably working with systems within for DTRA Nuclear Enterprise
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.