Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist
SNA International seeks a detailed oriented Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Evidence Inventory, Control and Management Specialist provides evidence inventory services to properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all evidence and forensic materials entering the facility.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Receive boxes of casework and related materials.
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody
- Enter data into the appropriate Tracking software systems.
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific
- Prepare boxes for return to contributor.
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials, including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current tracking software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in science disciplines or criminal justice
- At least one (1) year of evidence inventory, control, and management experience.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Course work in forensics.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Familiarization with quality assurance and quality control
- Experience with a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- The ability to prioritize job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on excellent customer service is a must.
This position has multiple openings in Quantico, VA
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.