Physical Scientist / Evidence Analyst 1
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Physical Scientist / Evidence Analyst 1 with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates will work with a team with a keen attention to detail to process and document firearms evidence, following strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures and reporting guidelines.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:Responsibilities:
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related material from evidence submissions.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for firearms evidence; photograph evidence and related materials; remove hairs and fibers from evidence and related materials; create microscopic slides for hairs and fibers; mount hairs and fibers on fibers on slides; and create inventory slides.
- Enter information into various databases as required
- Record case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody form, electronic communication, and slide inventory.
- Use eLab software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody for all forensic material under examination.
- Other support activities, functions, or duties, as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the physical sciences.
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Outlook); organization skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to analyze complex or challenging situations
- Information Management System (LIMS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.