SNA International, a world leader in forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence, is currently looking for a Writer/Editor to enhance the company’s written material by working closely with the authors to ensure the document is correct, consistent and functional for its audience. Documents will range in scope from policies, procedures and job descriptions to manuals, reports, white papers, analytical manuscripts, and proposals.
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Communications, History, Philosophy, Liberal Arts, or Professional Writing
- Experience with government proposals and reports
- Demonstrated English language proficiency with strong written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proven experience in editing and formatting technical reports and papers and delivering finished products on tight deadlines
- Possession of exceptional writing and grammar skills, including mastery of grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation
- Possession of excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and effort, including prioritizing work and handling multiple, simultaneous due dates
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Critical Work Responsibilities:
- Write and perform substantive, structural, and copy edits of analytical manuscripts for organization, completeness, accuracy, and compliance with language, style, and formatting
- Edit to improve sense, logic, organization, flow, and accuracy; clarify language; improve conciseness; reduce wordiness, and fit space requirements
- Create glossaries, acronym lists, figure/table titles, etc.
- Communicate queries and comments tactfully to authors
- Utilize online-editing tools in Google and Microsoft Office products
- Develop company format guidelines
- Review, analyze, and correct draft material for clarity, consistency, style, format, logic, organization, grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation
- Review products dealing with complex analytical scientific issues and provide guidance to forensic/scientific/computer analysts and other editors regarding logic, clarity, comprehensiveness, relevance, and brevity
- Work closely with analysts, from the early stages of manuscript development through the entire publishing process, including final reviews of text, graphics, and other formats for scientific products to help them organize and refine analytic content into an effective product
- Confirm the accuracy and consistency of names, dates, and technical information
- Interact with analysts and programmers for confirmation and modification to records
Please submit a cover letter along with the resume. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.