Psychologist (SME V)
***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International, LLC (SNA), a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International is hiring an experienced Licensed Psychologist SME to support SNA and the FBI’s HUMINT Operations Section – Validation and Operational Testing Unit. This is a contingent opportunity. This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
The position requirements are as follows:
- Provide psychological services to include participation in meetings and briefings for specific mission-related initiatives
- Prepare and conduct behavioral assessments. Assist in identifying a source’s key personality traits, sources of social and professional influence, psychological strengths, and vulnerabilities.
- Provide expertise in managing and testing of sources under the HUMINT program.
- Integrate knowledge of a source’s background and personality into a formal written operational/behavioral assessment.
- Make appropriate recommendations in challenging, ambiguous, or emergency situations to facilitate the government’s decision-making process.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests, prepare written reports and/or behavioral assessment
- Review relevant source and case files, telephone records, surveillance logs, and other investigative reports.
- Research available databases regarding a source’s target’s background.
- Be able to assess a source’s integrity and competence in the context of past behavior and current behavior.
- Evaluate and identify and provide judgment regarding the source’s operational utility, capability, and integrity.
- Review DNI policies and provide guidance based on the review.
- Available 24/7 to support HUMINT via telephone or email.
- May require relocation during a government shutdown or COOP site in case of an emergency. Must be able to travel to field offices.
- Monthly oral and written briefings.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree or a Doctoral degree from an accredited college/university with specialization in behavioral psychology.
- TS/SCI clearance TS/SCI and HUMINT level. Willing to undergo a Polygraph examination.
- 20 years general experience, inclusive of 15 years specialized experience in direct and indirect psychological assessments as tasked by HUMINT targeting.
- Possess knowledge and practice of applied behavior analysis.
- Ability to administer and interpret psychological tests.
- Prepare and conduct behavioral assessments.
- Ability to integrate the knowledge of a source’s background and personality into a formal written operational/behavioral assessment.
- A minimum of 4 years of FBI experience and/or four years of Intelligence Community experience working with relevant source and case files, to include the utilization of advanced source vetting and validating tools.
- Four years of working with FBI sources and expertise in assessing a source’s psychological strengths and vulnerabilities for Validation Operational Testing Unit, but has previous experience in working with FBI’s CHS HUMINT program.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls, please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.