Next Generation Identification (NGI) Technician
SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
In this role, the qualified Next Generation Identification Technician (NGI) is responsible for performing tasks related to latent print analysis and NGI database entry for purposes of searching such images against known reference holdings.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Analyze images to determine suitability for searching in an automated system.
- Enter / encode into the NGI system in preparation for launching searches.
- Conduct automated searches in any system as identified by the Scientific and Biometrics Analysis Unit (SBAU).
- Populate designated files within NGI, as appropriate.
- Prepare all required documentation for the case file.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B.S. degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the Physical Sciences.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of recent work experience in the latent print discipline.
- Skills: Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook; organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Training: Demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examinations, and testing assessments; and has good verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications: Current International Association for Identification (IAI) certificate or prior qualification by the FBI as a Latent Print Examiner.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.