Casework Files Assistant 2
SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative and innovative Casework Files Assistant 2 to work in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Quantico, Virginia location, who has a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Casework Files Assistant 2 operates as a team member with Physical Scientists, Chemists, and Forensic Examiners in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Scientific Analysis Unit (SAU). They perform high level tasks and have knowledge and experience in the structure, preparation, and maintenance of case documentation within the SAU. This individual has familiarity with historic and current Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) casework and workflow, conducts research utilizing their knowledge, case documentation, and accesses TEDAC specific databases, such as Next Generation Identification (NGI) and Direct Analysis in Real Tim (DART) for latent results, as well as other databases such as, Explosives Reference Tool (EXPeRT) and the Department of Defense (DoD) laboratories databases, such as WEAT and BI2R.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Perform functions associated with centralized movement and management of case files and related evidence.
- Acquire files from Federal, state, and local forensic organizations and categorize them for easy retrieval by unit examiners and/or TEDAC management personnel.
- File and archive appropriate paperwork including chain-of-custody documentation.
- Forward, staff, and submit reports to the appropriate examiner for inclusion in case packages, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Forensic Examiners to ensure that all Laboratory Division reports are uploaded into EXPeRT.
- Assist QA Specialists and Forensic Examiners with retrieval of case files and organizing audit materials.
- Assist with document tracking or developing database/spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
- Track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions as required.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: High School diploma or GED certificate
- Experience: At least one (1) year of experience with forensic processes and case work documentation as it relates to forensic examinations.
- Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Certifications: N / A.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.