If you are passionate about working with vast amounts of data, obsess over performance and the quality of code, and have a desire grow professionally while having a significant impact on a business, then Smarsh is the right company for you. Our Professional Archive product is constantly growing, and with that growth, we are rapidly expanding our teams to increase our rate of innovation and ensure an excellent customer experience. This product ingests data from our customers 24/7, and working here, you will have exposure to dealing with over 20PBs of raw data, database tables and Solr indexes with 10s of billions of records, and an ingestion pipeline for data that is able to process thousands of communications per second.
The right engineer for Smarsh is someone who views their code as more than simply completing a story and pushing up a unit of work; we are looking for engineers that are passionate about their craft. We foster a culture of learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing and look for engineers who want to be part of a team where they can learn and grow while also investing in others’ development. We have exciting engineering roles across teams for people who either want to do a mix of everything or for engineers who would rather specialize in areas like legacy code refactoring, performance optimization, cloud native integration, etc.
If you have ever dreamed of making an enormous impact through your contributions or aspired to take on additional responsibilities and grow professionally, then Smarsh would love to have you join us. We are large enough to have the benefits of a big company but small enough that every engineer matters to us.
To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com
Design and code backend software on business critical data-centric enterprise application.
Design, implement, and support interfaces between system applications.
Identify and implement improvements in existing services, including optimizations.
Work closely with cross-discipline team members from the definition of functional and non-functional requirements through ongoing operational support.
Work closely with Architecture team and others to transform the platform components.
- 4+ years of professional development experience
- Strong Java programming, including unit tests
- Multi-functional team collaboration
- Fault-tolerant design & maintenance
- Back end development - large scale data-centric applications
- Product delivery lifecycle - requirement refinement through ops
- Build tools - prefer Maven or Gradle
- Passionate about code craftsmanship, writing maintainable code, and following best practice standards
- Believe in true DevOps; Developers write code, test code, deploy code, monitor and support code in production.
- Value automated testing and CI/CD.
- Familiar with GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, or Concourse.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Familiar with declarative IaC frameworks: Terraform or CloudFormation
- Must embrace Quality Up Front principles, TDD, and frequent iterations.
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- C#/.Net familiarity is a plus
- ActiveMQ or other standard queuing frameworks
- Spring boot
- Agile (Kanban)
- Linux, scripting & admin
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We empower our customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 customers in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines.
We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80+ unique communication channels. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data. At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 2001. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements.
Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.