Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 2001. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive, Business Solutions, & Federal Arch
Design and code backend software on business critical data-centric enterprise application.
Design, implement, and support interfaces between system applications.
Identify and implement improvements in existing services, including optimizations.
Work closely with cross-discipline team members from the definition of functional and non-functional requirements through ongoing operational support.
Work closely with Architecture team and others to transform the platform components.
- 4+ years of professional development experience
- Strong Java programming, including unit tests
- Multi-functional team collaboration
- Fault-tolerant design & maintenance
- Back end development - large scale data-centric applications
- Product delivery lifecycle - requirement refinement through ops
- Build tools - prefer Maven or Gradle
- Passionate about code craftsmanship, writing maintainable code, and following best practice standards
- Believe in true DevOps; Developers write code, test code, deploy code, monitor and support code in production.
- Value automated testing and CI/CD.
- Familiar with GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, or Concourse.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Familiar with declarative IaC frameworks: Terraform or CloudFormation
- Must embrace Quality Up Front principles, TDD, and frequent iterations.
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- C#/.Net familiarity is a plus
- ActiveMQ or other standard queuing frameworks
- Spring boot
- Agile (Kanban)
- Linux, scripting & admin