Senior Salesforce Developer - Remote / WFH
Smarsh is seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our fast-growing MIS team. This candidate will have the right mix of Salesforce Development skills and passion for leveraging Salesforce and other technologies to solve business challenges. Smarsh partners with a wide breadth of mobile (i.e., AT&T, Verizon), social (i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook) and collaboration (i.e., Slack, Microsoft) partners to deliver vital governance and compliance solutions for companies in highly regulated industries. Someone who embraces new opportunities, is motivated by professional advancement, demonstrates curiosity, enjoys problem solving, delivers excellence, and thrives in a changing, fast-growth environment is the ideal candidate. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on several high-impact and high-visibility projects.
Senior Salesforce Developer will work with the MIS Team along with Operations Managers and key stakeholders from other departments to build and maintain processes and manage the data relating to them.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organisations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include frequency of functions.
- Take ownership of key business systems and/or processes and independently determine requirements and priorities for support, maintenance and improvements.
- Partner with Operations Managers, Key Stakeholders and others to design and implement customized solutions within Salesforce (and other MIS systems) to support critical business functions and company goals.
- Develop advanced Lightning, VisualForce and Apex solutions.
- Maintain and enhance visual layouts, Workflow Rules, Flows and business logic to streamline and enhance business processes and improve user experience.
- Develop and utilize APIs to communicate between Salesforce and other internal/external systems.
- Build and maintain systems used for integration and tooling outside of Salesforce, including REST and SOAP APIs, ETL tools, etc.
- Perform Quality Assurance on all developed solutions.
- Research and advise on best practices for solutions.
- Manage and support sandbox and production environments across the enterprise to facilitate successful development, testing and deployment of new features and functionality.
- Manage CI / CD and release processes for Salesforce Production, Sandbox, and Developer orgs
- Manage version control, code reviews, and unit testing
- Deploy Salesforce meta-data between non-production and production environments using appropriate tools.
- Oversee overall QA of Salesforce environments, including code coverage via unit tests.
- Stay current with the periodic Salesforce releases and leverage the applicable updates.
- Support all Salesforce releases and ensure system uptime as per the SLA.
- Liaison with Salesforce developers both internally and through user communities.
- Assist & mentor other team members via pair-programming, code review processes, training
- Other duties as assigned
What will you bring?
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong diagnosis and problem-solving abilities.
- 5+ years of Salesforce development (or equivalent) experience
- Salesforce Administrator and Salesforce Developer/Platform Developer certifications
- Experience with various Salesforce customer portals and sites technologies
- Experience with installing and configuring packages from AppExchange
- Experience with Salesforce Apex Code and SOQL queries required
- Experience with git, GitHub, and other version control tools
- Competency in gathering and documenting business requirements
- Proven experience with developing and enhancing business processes for added efficiencies
- Excellent attention to detail, driving multiple projects and complex problem solving capabilities
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work on a cross functional team
- Strong customer focus
- Salesforce Advanced Developer / Platform Developer II certification
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ and Billing
- Integration experience with Zuora
- Experience implementing Salesforce Communities
- Experience developing for Salesforce Lightning
- Experience with DataLoader, DemandTools and Excel for data manipulation
- Proficiency with ETL Tools (CloverETL preferred) for data manipulation
- Experience with the MuleSoft Integration Platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Information Systems
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Experience with customer service workflow efficiencies
- Working knowledge of SOAP and REST APIs
- Working knowledge of shell-scripting (bash)
- Experience with DevOps and CI / CD Pipelines
- Not required, but nice-to-haves:
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Experience with distributed systems & enterprise-level integrations
- Experience / training in information security
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform)
What do we offer?
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal time off
A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
Smarsh provides a 4% 401K match for which employees are fully vested on day one.
The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.