Sr. Revenue Accountant
Sr. Revenue Accountant
Smarsh is seeking a highly professional and motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to perform a variety of management and accounting duties. Qualified candidates will have a deep understanding of technical revenue accounting as relates to the software/SaaS space under ASC606. Smarsh is a quickly growing Company requiring team members to juggle multiple roles. This role will oversee completion of the revenue recognition processes in managing month-end close, along with maintaining operational system processes. This person will also provide month-end reporting as well as working on implementing best practices across the team. This is a great opportunity to work closely with a Revenue Recognition Manager and Controller for a career minded individual who wants to work for a successful, fast-growing software company.
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
- Perform review of complex, non-standard contracts and understand revenue recognition as it relates to multi-deliverables.
- Coordinate auditor participation and ensure timely sign-off of material contracts on an ongoing basis
- Ensure capture of contract review information in company systems including Salesforce.
- Preparation of technical revenue accounting memoranda related to product commercial models and material contracts.
- Contribute to the close cycle by preparing and processing journal entries, performing checks and reconciliations.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly CFO revenue analysis.
- Work with company stakeholders to resolve complex revenue accounting issues and determine proper allocation and timing of recognition.
- Support the Financial Planning and Analysis team in revenue forecasting.
- Participate in operational stakeholder Deal Rooms as a technical revenue recognition subject matter expert in moving opportunities through pre-sales and contract negotiation.
- Participate in go to market initiatives as a technical revenue recognition subject matter expert in bringing new products and commercial models to market
- Own the annual SSP analysis
- Collaborate with the Information Systems team to maintain data integrity across multiple platforms.
- Cross train with other accounting & finance personnel and special projects as needed.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors as needed in the annual audit
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA or progress towards CPA required.
- Minimum of 3 years revenue accounting experience; in the software/SaaS space desirable
- Deep understanding of ASC606 required
- Public accounting experience required, mix of public and private preferred.
- Prior experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Motivated, highly organized, self-starter with ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.