Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
About the Role:
Designs and builds secure system infrastructures and architectures by establishing business requirements, translating them into secure technical solutions, and testing and ensuring the performance and capacity of security solutions.
- Leads the management and proactive monitoring of client or company security threats and/or issues including current issue resolution, threat analysis and/or prevention, and security research and querying relative to current issues and/or impending threats
- Leads and is primarily responsible for the resolution of client and company security issues, provide strategic technical guidance to applicable security SMEs, and interfaces with client and/or internal stakeholders when necessary
- Combines deep industry expertise with a thorough understanding of information and security technology to examine security data, develop work-arounds, and help engineers create innovative security system patches
- Leads others in and is primarily responsible for the development, enhancement, organization, and maintenance of a client's or company's security solutions
- Contributes to company's security response, threat and resolution knowledge base by aggregating and incorporating the analyses/outputs of security professionals
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience) required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study
- Typically 8+ years of relevant experience
- Cyber Security Certifications
- Extensive Cyber and IT security knowledge
- Extensive understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures
- Extensive understanding of Linux and relevant scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud Platform security
- Extensive data security system analysis skills
- Extensive understanding of security standards and best practices
- Extensive risk assessment and management skills
- Extensive understanding of networking and network security
- Extensive data understanding of network monitoring and protocols
- Extensive knowledge Ansible, Salt or other configuration automation frameworks
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.