DevOps Engineer - Delivery Engineering
DevOps Engineer- Delivery Engineering
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh , we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products includes Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
About the Role
As an Engineer in the Smarsh (DevOps) Delivery team, you will contribute to continuous solutions that help to raise the quality of our product delivery workflows. You will be part of a self-sustaining 'Smarsh Service Team(s)' and will work towards raising the performance, security and velocity of product and its delivery to the customer.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is excited about modern engineering practices in cloud platforms, increasing the productivity of engineering teams, and delivering value to customers.
Finally, we need an 'Out of the Box Thinker', with the ability and desire to continuously learn new technologies/methodologies, take the lead in integrating those into our production life cycle, mentor/coach/propagate those learning into Communities of Practice across Service teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in DevOps Practices
- Experience designing and implementing continuous solutions to deliver software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Change drivers and Influencer, who as part of the 'Communities of Practice', will actively collaborate with members of partnering teams and will define, design, implement and test declarative specifications that form the basis of continuous solutions
- Drive manual processes out of our product delivery workflows
- Lower confusion, raise quality, performance, and security of product delivery services.
- Increase delivery velocity.
- Engages with PO's and stakeholders on story definition - understand what the scope of change is and plan the test scenarios accordingly.
- Understands and Define the acceptance criteria in the form of testable scenarios and drives the implementation of test automation.
- Define and implement business focused metrics dashboards
Mandatory Technology Requirements
- Strong programming proficiency in one or more languages: (Bash, Go, Java, Python, or Ruby)
- CI/CD Platforms: (Concourse CI, GitHub Workflows, Spinnaker, TeamCity, GoCD, or Jenkins)
- Containers: (Docker or Garden)
- IaaS Providers: (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or vSphere)
- Monitoring: (ie DataDog, New Relic, OpenTracing, or ELK)
- Build and Distribution Solutions: (Maven, Artifactory, or Nexus)
- Experience with API-driven development and testing
- Pair Programming Paradigm
Preferred Techniques or Familiar with or is a Practitioner of (at least one or few of these)
- CQRS, SOLID principals
- BDD, TDD
- Design Techniques - EDD, DDD
- 12 Factor
- Experience in Test data management and Contract testing
- PaaS Services (Cloud Foundry, BOSH, OpenShift, K8s)
- Security: (SonarQube, Snyk)
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers