Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Senior Software Test Engineer
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence? Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008
The Product Test Engineering team works closely with Product Dev Engineering and Product Management to ensure product performance, quality and customer satisfaction. Develops, revises and maintains Test code and test processes/methodologies to qualify software towards functional, scale and performance criteria. Applies customer feedback to drive product improvement through the development process. Gather product requirements from the Product Management team and turn them into working software that satisfy market needs which customers use to solve their specific problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions below:
- Continue to learn. Become a tactical member of the team. Design and implement quality solutions independently.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and the rest of the engineering team to define test mechanisms and their implementations.
- Investigate and fix bugs independently.
- Create and sustain test environments and setups independently.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies and meetings.
- Track work in ticketing system (JIRA)
- Participate in Pull Request reviews. Provide and receive feedback to continuously improve.
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Establish oneself as the Point of Contact for your area of expertise/knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional open office environment and at a remote home office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years direct experience in software test engineering role in an Agile software development environment
- 5+ years direct experience developing automated tests in Java or Groovy (e.g. Selenium or Geb)
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of Java, Python, Java Script, Groovy, with JIRA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Underneath the hood of our cognitive computing platform Conduct Surveillance is a lot of Linux-y goodness, so the more comfortable you are with things like ssh and working in a command line environment, the more effective you’ll be able to be in this role.
- Testing tools/frameworks: Spock, Appium, JUnit, Xray for JIRA
- Cross browser/device testing: Sauce Labs, Browserstack, Zalenium
- Testing RESTful APIs
- UI Integration, Load and Performance Testing with tools such as Protractor, JMeter,
- CI servers: Bamboo
- Distributed version control systems: Git
• Amazon Web Services
• Google Web Services
• Advanced programming skills in relevant languages.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Good understanding and experience in modern software programming/engineering.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.