Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com In our space, Gartner has placed us a leader for 4 consecutive years. We are the right size for effective software engineering, not too small and not too big. Your contributions will be noticed, you will matter, and you will be part of a team that wants to succeed.
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Smarsh is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing Product Marketing team. This candidate will connect the needs and challenges of the market with our unique, industry-leading capture & archiving technology. Smarsh partners with a wide breadth of mobile (I.e. AT&T, Verizon), social (I.e. LinkedIn, Facebook) and collaboration (i.e. Slack, Microsoft) partners to deliver vital retention and oversight solutions for organizations in regulated industries.
This storyteller and communicator will report to the Director of Product Marketing and play a key role in driving the strategy, positioning and communication around our solutions. We are looking for someone who embraces new opportunities, is motivated by professional growth, curiosity and problem solving, and consistently challenges themselves to deliver excellence. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on a number of high-impact and high-visibility projects.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager needs to be a team player, developing strong relationships with Product, Marketing and Sales. They will have to develop a deep understanding the enterprise information archiving market and act swiftly in response to the evolving needs of the business.
Product knowledge: Become a subject matter expert on the company’s products and the challenges they solve for our customers. Articulate the value propositions of our solutions across specific market segments.
• Product marketing strategy & delivery: Serve as a key member of our teams driving go-to-market strategy, product positioning, messaging, and collateral.
• Sales enablement and demand generation: Play an integral role in supporting our demand generation teams as well as enabling sales and channel sales.
• Market research: Collaborate with Product team to develop market analysis, including market problem definition and competitive insights.
• Cross-departmental collaboration: Work with a range of teams (product, sales, sales engineering, design, content) to implement sales enablement strategies.
• Voice of the Market: Build/enhance our buyer personas and develop content tailored to customers throughout their lifecycle. Conduct interviews with customers, focus groups and discussions to get closer to the buyer journey.
• Content creation: Create high quality web copy, customer-facing decks, sales enablement materials and other marketing collateral that bring to life how our solutions solve customer challenges.
• Coordination: Work with internal functions and external third-party resources (including partners and agencies) as required. Drive the execution of projects to ensure on time delivery within budget.
• Tracking: Devise ways to evaluate projects using relevant, data-driven KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective stakeholders.
The candidate can expect to travel to our other offices 1-2 times per quarter (when deemed safe). There may be the requirement/opportunity to attend Smarsh or industry events approximately twice per year. The candidate may attend professional development events as well (frequency TBC).
Education and Experience:
College Degree Or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years’ experience in Product Marketing or related marketing discipline at a B2B technology organization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including copywriting, both client-facing and internal
• A lifelong learner who can quickly get up to speed with new markets and industries and devise positioning and messaging solutions to impact key personas in those markets
• Proven experience in creating compelling messaging and marketing strategies for different segments and personas
• Strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities, with a track record of identifying business challenges and providing enablement solutions
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
• Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for a range of buyers, both business and technical
• Excellent market research skills and a passion for communicating the voice of the customer
• Experience deploying Product Marketing programs across distributed teams
• Ability to make decisions and prioritize competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and communicate the rationale behind decisions to other stakeholders
• Ability to lead cross-functional projects and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills
• Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).