The Sr. SDET will be responsible for testing large scalable high availability Java applications.
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
• Creates and maintains Test Automation Suites for services and API’s.
Ensures that our test suites are stable and enables continuous deployments.
• Promotes Test driven development with the team and partners with the team to achieve the same.
• Coaches team members on testing best practices and methodologies.
• Writes, debugs, and maintains test automation.
• Becomes an expert in the overall system.
• Works independently and with other teams in troubleshooting issues in the product.
• Works with Product Owners and the Development team in defining new features ensuring the testability, observability, security and performance of components.
• Drives and evangelizes quality within the team.
• Expands and refactors current test frameworks and automation suites as we continue to minimize manual regression testing efforts.
• Becomes a technical leader and evangelist that will help define the testing and strategy and quality goals.
• Drives quality quarterly goals
• 4+ years of experience, or equivalent, as a Software Quality Engineer / Software Developer in Test
• 4+ years of hands-on, active coding experience. Java and/or Python experience would be a plus.
• Experience with the unix command line.
• Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries
• Exceptional knowledge of the software development cycle and test methodologies in an Agile environment
• Experience managing test cases, test runs and test plans with integrated test management tools (TestRail a plus)
• Experience with large-scale distributed (microservice-based) systems and large data sets
• Experience working with containers (Docker experience is a plus)
• Strong experience testing REST endpoints
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in authoring and automating test cases in Test Automation Frameworks
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Loves coding, hands-on work, and getting into the details
• Enjoys working independently and collaboratively with the team
• Enjoys solving complex testing problems with large-scale distributed systems and large data sets
• Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to project changes
Preferred Technical Experience:
• Enterprise Search (Solr or ElasticSearch)
• No/SQL (Mongo or Elastic)
• CI/CD platforms, such as Jenkins or Concourse
• Cloud implementations, such as AWS or Azure
• Experience working within a DevOps culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.