Application Support Engineer - Hybrid / Remote
Smarsh is seeking a Application Support Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This candidate will connect the needs and challenges of the market with our unique, industry-leading capture, archiving & artificial intelligence technology. Smarsh partners with a wide breadth of mobile (i.e., AT&T, Verizon), social (i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook) and collaboration (i.e., Slack, Microsoft) partners to deliver vital governance and compliance solutions for organizations in regulated industries. This storyteller and communicator will report to the Director of Product Marketing and play a key role in driving the strategy, positioning and communication around our solutions. We are looking for someone who embraces new opportunities, motivated by professional growth, curiosity and problem solving, consistently challenges themselves to deliver excellence and can thrive in a fast-changing growth environment. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on a number of high-impact and high-visibility projects.
The Application Support Engineer will provide industry-best service to customer and partners using Smarsh product and services. They will focus to ensure timely response and rapid resolution of inbound requests or escalations. Support deliver spans all assisted and digital support.
The ideal candidate can be able to work a hybrid schedule and will have to travel to our office in Cambridge, UK 1 – 2 days a week.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6,500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5,000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- Frontline support role for Enterprise products or Backline support role for Saas-hosted solutions or Enterprise products.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing solutions. Independently identifies the root cause of software or system issues and uses system analysis and testing techniques to solve problems with minimal assistance. Routinely develops reproducible testcases.
- Adhere to SLAs for support coverage to ensure initial response and timely resolution for customer cases via phone, web and community.
- Actively diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues. Escalate cases as required based on customer business impact.
- Develop broad expertise for multiple assigned products to maximize first contact resolution.
- Build deep expertise as SME (Subject-Matter-Expert) for assigned focused technologies or products as point of escalation for frontline or backline teams. May be assigned to specialized teams or projects to leverage knowledge.
- Focus on delivery of quality service to customers and partners to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
- Effectively manage cases to ensure timely customer status updates and ultimate resolution.
- May require handling critical accounts, customer escalations, and 3rd party support coordination to resolve issues.
- Log and track cases using Salesforce, maintaining detailed documentation of all interactions and statuses throughout lifecycle of issue.
- Frequently engage with SRE and Engineering teams to drive resolution of issues, handling all customer-facing communications to set clear expectations through closure.
- Capture, reuse and share knowledge using KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) practices as Contributor or Publisher. May include KCS Coach role or Knowledge Domain Expert (KDE) responsibilities for online content and product or process feedback across company.
- Promote adoption and success of customers and partners using self-service offerings, including knowledgebase, community, and training resources.
- Lead the identification and implementation of “shift left” changes to increase resolution rate and accelerate time to resolution.
- May participate in readiness planning and activities related to pre-release or new product introduction preparation for the support team.
- Advocate for product, policy and process improvements that improve the customer experience.
- May be assigned as Designated Support Engineer or Business Critical Support resource to specific accounts for premium offerings.
- Follow required polices and processes to maintain compliance with information security and data protection requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and fulfil customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
- College degree in technical related field or industry/career equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a support delivery role or 6 plus years industry/career equivalent experience
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- Requires deep IT, networking, database or SaaS/Cloud application support experience. On-premise support experience highly desirable.
- Industry certifications in Windows, Linux, RDBMS, AWS are highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expert level diagnosis and problem-solving abilities.
- Time management and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in using CRM business systems, Microsoft business applications, JIRA/Confluence and related platforms
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a competitive salary along with other benefits including workplace pension scheme, generous holiday package, private medical insurance, dental and opticians insurance, group life assurance, group income protection, employee assistance program, wellness reimbursement up to £75 per month, stock options and much more.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.