Senior QE Engineer
Senior QE Engineer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving and analytics. Our products provide compliance across broadest set of communication channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. With Smarsh products customers stay ahead of compliance and regulatory requirements apart from uncovering communication patterns and relationships hidden within data.
At Smarsh , we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including SEC, FINRA, IIROC, PRA and FCA apart from our customers to ensure they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and how our platform delivers and meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Cloud Capture, Enterprise Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
About Enterprise Archive
Enterprise Archive (formerly called Alcatraz) is a cloud-based platform that stores and handles (archive/ search/Export) peta bytes of data. It uses cutting-edge, highly distributed cloud scale tech stacks like Elastic Search, Mongo DB, Storm, Kafka, Hazelcast to solve some of the complex problems at scale. The platform offers rich applications such as eDiscovery, Supervision as well as an open SDK for upstream as well as downstream integrations. Our SaaS offering uses multiple deployments based out data centers spread across different geographic locations to meet local as well as global standards and laws.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with product owner in understanding requirements and groom the sprint backlog
- Analyze and document test cases working in a cross functional scrum team
- Design, develop and build automated end-2-end tests to cover the identified test cases
- Prepare plans and estimate units of work identified to be executed
- Communicate issues, concerns and enable changes to fail fast by adopting TDD
- Be the custodian of quality for engineering deliverables
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior QE experience is preferred
- Hands on programming experience in Java/Scala for 2+ years
- expert level understanding of UNIX (any flavor; Linux is highly desirable) and at least one NoSQL stack (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems to address data at scale
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams
- Hands on experience with cloud infra providers like Amazon (IaaS) is highly desirable
- Passion to develop systems with highest standards of quality
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers