Sr. Product Owner
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
List Functions below:
- Responsible for refining and preparing the product backlog for release planning
- Contribute to the prioritization of epics within releases through definition of a roadmap
- Translate the business commitments, priorities and objectives into stories for the engineering organization
- Understand the technical architecture and the solution to ensure proper allocation of effort during a release
- Responsible for overall sprint team execution and efficiency across multiple workstreams
- Accountable for product owner productivity and delivery of sprint goals and program review reporting
- Responsible for building, pruning, and maintaining the team backlog which consists of user stories, defects, and product enhancements.
- Accountable for keeping the process of story definition, estimation and implementation
- Write release notes for internal teams
- Leverage agile methodologies and ceremonies for the purpose grooming stories and communicating sprint priorities to stakeholders
- Ensure all stories have acceptance criteria
- Review all test plans associated with the sprint
- Validate that all stories meet the acceptance criteria
- Attend all sprint planning and demonstration meetings
- Work cross functionally with the Product Management and Development team to deliver on the roadmap
- Continued collaboration with the Product Manager to ensure alignment of critical commitments and future business objectives
- End-to-End ownership for a product which includes the operational stability, scalability and maintainability of the product.
- Being the voice of the sprint team for the organization
- Evangelizing the product across the organization
- Keeping customers and users apprised of status and getting their feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
5% travel may be required for onsite Product Development and Product Management gatherings.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in a related role (i.e. engineering, technology or product) in high-growth SaaS technology company
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Project Management and dealing with customer data
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.