Senior Solutions Engineer - Remote / WFH
We are looking to add a Senior Solutions Engineer to our growing sales team. At Smarsh you will work side-by-side with our team of Sales Executives to engage customers and leverage expertise to provide technical solutions using the Smarsh suite of products.
The ideal candidate can be based anywhere in the UK and may work remotely, however travel to our office in Canary Wharf, London will also be necessary as business needs require.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6,500 organisations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fuelled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5,000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include frequency of functions.
- Prepare and deliver technical onsite and remote presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Influence and capture the customer’s Success Criteria, find and/or create content and demo scenarios around meeting them, re-validate with the customer and sales rep.
- Coordinate and execute multiple, complex, Enterprise-level Proof of Concept engagements to achieve success criteria in a positive and professional manner that exceeds expectations and sets Smarsh apart from competitors.
- Prepare, craft, and respond to RFIs/RFPs ensuring a complete & prompt submittal, with a focus on technical and security questions.
- Coordinate with the implementation team to escalate clients’ specific contract needs and requests
- Prepare internal “statement of work” or “work orders” for complex deployments. Work with all departments to prepare for large and complex configurations, deployments, including training, scaling, and internal resources.
- Track trends and scope out new feature requests from clients and collaborate with product management and development teams to optimize Smarsh solutions.
- Help in providing internal team training sessions with new product releases/enhancements.
- Act a primary resource for the sales team in technology and solution focused sales calls.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate business value of technical features
- Highly organised with strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Patience and desire to help others with a strong customer focus
- Professional demeanour and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Competency in gathering and documenting business requirements
- Experience with Surveillance/Supervision or other financial regulation driven technical solutions
- Good general IT background with knowledge of IT infrastructure and/or Cloud services
- 5+ years previous experience in IT consulting, technical account management, sales engineering or software implementation experience in an enterprise environment
- French/Spanish language skills a plus
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a competitive salary along with other benefits including workplace pension scheme, generous holiday package, private medical insurance, dental and opticians insurance, group life assurance, group income protection, employee assistance program, wellness reimbursement up to £75 per month, stock options and much more.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humour. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organisation that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.