Director, Product Management
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions below:
- Versatile product leader with a successful record in strategizing, defining and executing initiatives across multiple lines of business
- Lead a team of product managers and product owners across multiple lines of business, to identify potential opportunities, conduct market research, generate product requirements, manage production timetables and time-integrated plans for product release, develop marketing strategies
- Coordinate pipeline and bookings targets for the domain and/or products being manage, ensuring close coordination with sales and marketing
- Manage product lifecycle from end to end - including requirements, user experience, product and operations roadmap, go-to-market strategy, and launch across multiple domains and/or products
- Determine customers' needs and desires by conducting the research needed to obtain market information with the goal of customer acquisition and retention
- Review product specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product changes
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products and the overall market
- Analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with engineering and SaaS Operations.
- Collaborate on product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized deals
- Collaborate with stakeholders from product, sales, engineering, marketing, & operations to deliver quality products
- Exhibit excellent leadership qualities and the ability to influence & motivate others
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical field, MBA is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience managing the full life cycle development from conception to launch and overseeing all key milestones and deliverables of a products life cycle
- 3+ years in a senior role, managing a team of product managers and/or product owners
- Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills
- Experience delivering mid-market or Enterprise software products
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.