Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh , we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products includes Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
About the Role
As a Site Reliability Engineer(SRE) in the Smarsh SaaS Operations team you'll be part of a team who measures and improves production performance reliability through sustainable engineering practices for our suite of applications. Toil will be your number one enemy, observability your closest friend and your mission will be to drive operational burden as close to zero as you can.
You will work closely with our Development, Quality Engineering, Security, PaaS and Performance engineering teams to continuously improve our products in production. You are highly empowered and a critical customer interface for how they experience our company and products.
Smarsh is growing rapidly, and leveraging Big Data platforms (Elastic, Mongo, etc.) to sustain this growth—you’ll be responsible for maturing our day 2 process across multiple technologies, environments, and locations. We’re looking for someone who is excited about modern engineering practices in cloud platforms, increasing the productivity of our delivery teams, and delivering value to our customers. Finally, we need someone with the ability and desire to continuously learn new technologies and processes, and take the lead in integrating those in our production life cycle.
- Experience required: 4-10 yrs
- Must be involved in doing RCA, Troubleshooting, provide remediation
- Experience in SLI/SLO is a must
- Experience with centralized logging, APM, telemetry
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and orchestration
- Strong background in Linux
- Ability to express themselves in a programming language. Preferred: java, python, ruby, bash, perl
- Experience with streaming data technologies
- Experience with relational data stores
- Experience with nosql data stores
- Experience with software loadbalancers
- Experience with container orchestration platforms
- Deep understanding of devops prinicipals
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/ fast paced environment
- Proven track record of leading implementations of build and release engineering best practices, both processes and technologies
- BTech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- Ability to travel 5%
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers