Vice President of Sales, EMEA
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence? Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008
- Grow, develop, train, mentor and inspire Sales staff. Cultivate positive Sales culture.
- Achieve ambitious revenue targets through appropriate allocation of sales reps to markets, presenting appropriate product and services.
- Work closely with Marketing department to drive lead generation. Exemplify collaboration across all departments.
- Drive sales cycle from initial prospect communication through contract signing including RFP responses.
- With focus on customer service and retention, provide support and follow-up to customers through various phases of engagements.
- Execute plans to expand into new markets (verticals, geographies, customer use cases).
- Oversee SMB (primarily inside) and Enterprise direct sales teams across multiple office locations.
- Cultivate and further develop channel of referral partners, consultants and other influential parties.
- Use empirical data to drive activities, decisions and to suggest change.
- Experience selling SaaS/cloud/managed services in a subscription-based business and premium services in a highly competitive arena.
- Experience managing an inside sales team across multiple geographical locations.
- Knowledge of email, social media, archiving, storage and discovery solutions strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of success in managing and growing IT sales organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new clients and meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directing IT sales organizations supporting software, and services. Preferably in world-class technology organization or Silicon Valley software company.
- Strong contact base including presenting and selling to C-level management and decision makers.
- Experience with vendor selection process including RFP issuance and responses.
- Experience selling to public and private sector (Financial Services, Healthcare, Energy, Legal and Government are particularly helpful).
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and current sales & marketing automation systems.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Professional appearance, strong communication and presentation skills.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.