Sr Software Engineer, UI Development
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 2001. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive, Business Solutions, & Federal Arch.
In this role you will be developing UI/UX frameworks and applications consumed by our customer facing products. This position will be involved in the design, development, and deployment of multiple products, as well as contributing to Smarsh best practices for software development. Our environment is Petabytes of data, billions of transactions in scale, and very high levels of automation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Attend and actively participate in team ceremonies (stand-ups, retros, and planning meetings).
· Coordinate efforts with globally dispersed teams.
· Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process.
· Manage code bases using Smarsh engineering practices.
· Creatively solve problems in the SaaS Operations space, collaborating with SRE, Data Services, Delivery, and Engineering team members.
· Design and develop tools and libraries for broader use by SaaS Operations and Engineering teams.
· Design and develop high volume data pipelines, in large distributed systems
· Design and develop complex event driven systems, with DDD/BDD workflows
· Design and develop wonderful UX/UI products for users of Smarsh products
· Actively change code within current production systems to resolve incidents and/or enhance operational performance, following Engineering process for code change.
· Lead and actively engage in architectural conversations and plans.
· Regularly pair with other Platform Engineers to develop tools and libraries and facilitate learning and best practices.
· Lead and actively engage in projects to implement enhancements to SaaS Operations and Smarsh products.
Education and Experience
· 5+ years of industry experience
· BS in CS or equivalent
· Experience with Angular, Ember, React, and other front-end frameworks.
· Expert in design, development, and adoption of front-end frameworks.
· Expertise in Node.js and npm.
· Experience and broad range of programming/scripting experience (i.e. Java, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.).
· Strong background in managing code with Git.
· Experience managing continuous integration systems (i.e. Pivotal Concourse).
· Background working in a multi-platform environment (Linux, Windows.).
· Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
· Experience building and operating VMware Tanzu Platform.
· Experience leading small teams’ ceremonies (i.e. stand-ups, retros, and planning).
· Leadership with mentorship and educating less experienced engineers.
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com In our space, Gartner has placed us a leader for 4 consecutive years. We are the right size for effective software engineering, not too small and not too big. Your contributions will be noticed, you will matter, and you will be part of a team that wants to succeed.
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.