Director of Enterprise Sales, Key Accounts
Director, Key Accounts Sales
- Manage, hire, train and ramp a team of Enterprise Sales Executives responsible for new and expansion bookings
- Exceeds quarterly sales targets and further develops Key Accounts sales team focused on the North American markets
- Provides professional leadership of the sales organization, and coordination with other key stakeholder organizations during every aspect of the client engagement cycle from and qualification from through closure.
- Employs a consultative sales approach across all levels of the client decision-making spectrum, with a keen focus on developing executive level client relationship(s).
- Develop and manage Enterprise Sales Executives on productivity metrics such as deal size, win rate, and forecast accuracy as well as how to lead a customer through a proactive sales cycle
- Coach Sales Executives through building executive relationships with Named Enterprise accounts in their territories and through complex Enterprise deals and negotiations
- Exceed individual quarterly sales targets by employing a direct/B2B sales approach focused on new business acquisition from both new logo and existing clients.
- Manage the client engagement cycle from prospecting, to proposal through to closing and contract signature, including the negotiation of complex contractual terms and conditions with new clients.
- Lead sales team in negotiating pricing and commercial terms directly with clients.
- Develop detailed strategic account development plans, including positioning matrix and revenue forecasting. Manage opportunity funnel in Salesforce to 100% accuracy.
- Ensure that the quota bearing sales team has the knowledge, skill, and development plans to overachieve in their assigned roles.
- Analyze monthly performance of sales funnel, revenue bookings, and other key operating performance indicators.
- Be an innovator that will help our team discover new ways to sell our service and drive new business initiatives.
- Drive team growth through effective and strategic hiring. Continuously work to educate and promote growth for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This role will be required to travel at least 25% of the time once travel resumes.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of quantifiable experience managing a team of between 5 to 10 FTE’s focused on direct, B2B, relationship driven, new logo acquisition sales in the enterprise archive, data center, cloud solutions, IT services, telecommunications, or related technology vertical, in a highly transactional sales environment.
- Demonstrable experience in complex, executive level selling and relationship development with clients operating in complex, global matrix driven, organizational structures.
- A strong relationship builder with 5+ years of overall Enterprise sales experience working with Fortune 1000 companies
- Proven ability to assess customer business issues, requirements and budget constraints and prescribe solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of big data trends (Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Adoption, Social Media, Content). Strong understanding of the data and mobile communications industry.
- Evident proficiency in articulating key drivers and use cases for moving workloads from Public to Private Cloud.
- Strong communicator who must be able to analyze complex problems and present straightforward solutions, concepts, ideas, figures, action plans, etc.
- Ability to communicate a clear message in a professionally tactful manner at all levels, both with external and internal clients and stakeholders.
- Passionate about coaching others with a successful track record as an individual contributor and can share relevant and complex closing experience with a growing team
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Technical sales requiring cross functional coordination of product, legal, professional services, engineering, marketing, and operations teams.
- Sales training experience in Miller Heiman, MEDDIC, SPIN, Holden Power Based Selling, or similar sales programs.
- Self-motivated, independent work style with superior lead generation skills.
- Salesforce Process and Hygiene skills
- Competitive intelligence on the colocation and managed hosting space a plus.
- Knowledge/ experience in the Public cloud space.
Smarsh is the recognized global leader in electronic communications archiving solutions for regulated organizations. The Smarsh Connected Suite provides innovative capture, archiving, e-discovery, and supervision solutions across the industry’s widest breadth of communication channels.
Scalable for organizations of all sizes, the Smarsh platform provides customers with compliance built on confidence. It enables them to strategically future-proof as new communication channels are adopted, and to realize more insight and value from the data in their archive. Customers strengthen their compliance and e-discovery initiatives and benefit from the productive use of email, social media, mobile/text messaging, instant messaging and collaboration, web and voice channels.
Smarsh serves a global client base that spans the top banks in North America and Europe, along with leading brokerage firms, insurers, and registered investment advisors. Smarsh also enables federal and state government agencies to meet their public records and e-discovery requirements. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com.