Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Sr. Software Engineer in Test
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
If you are a Senior SDET with experience, please read on! We're looking for an experienced Senior SDET to join our amazing team!
Smarsh is a company built on collaboration and innovation. Our mission has always been to enable our customers to take advantage of the latest communication and collaboration tools, while staying ahead of compliance risk.
To achieve this, we look for disruptive thinkers who can work closely with a tight-knit team focused on delivering real impact.
We have thrived and continued to grow throughout the last 12 months and are looking for a Senior SDET who has experience with Linux to join our growing company.
The way we communicate has evolved. Innovative new tools allow us to work in fast-paced, dynamic and global teams. For modern businesses, this means exponential growth in their communications data. Many aren’t embracing these innovations for fear of the compliance, legal and reputational risk that accompany electronic communications.
We provide companies with a better way to capture, store, and monitor their communications. We enable our customers to focus on innovation and growth, while our industry-leading solutions enable them to manage communications compliance. This has been our core focus for 20 years. We believe that this is more important now than ever.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for defining and implementing test strategies, acting as a quality advocate for the product & teams while participate in the software design and development process with a focus on testability, security and operability. You will also help with architect, design and building CI/CD processes and software tools to improve quality and engineering productivity on the platform, and lastly help to develop test automation frameworks and test cases.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years direct experience in software test engineering role in an Agile software development environment
- 3+ years of SaaS software test engineering experience
- 5+ years direct experience developing automated tests in one or more of Python, Java, Cypress or Groovy (e.g. Selenium or Geb|Spock)
- CI\CD architectures, preferably Jenkins or Bamboo
- Basic understanding of NLP and machine learning
- Exposure to NLP and machine learning projects in your previous work experience
Nice to have
- Experience working in a microservices environment
- Security testing: OWASP, SSL, WAF and Nginx
- Testing tools/frameworks: Spock, Pytest, Cypress, JUnit, Xray for JIRA
- Cross browser/device testing: Selenium, Cypress
- Testing RESTful APIs
- UI Integration, Load and Performance Testing with tools such as JMeter or Gatling
- CI servers: Bamboo
- Distributed version control systems: Git
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Web Services
- Advanced programming skills in relevant languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good understanding and experience in modern software programming/engineering
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers