Software Engineer - Solr
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com In our space, Gartner has placed us a leader for 4 consecutive years. We are the right size for effective software engineering, not too small and not too big. Your contributions will be noticed, you will matter, and you will be part of a team that wants to succeed.
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 2001. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive, Business Solutions, & Federal Arch
Software Engineer - Solr
- Design and code backend software on business-critical data-centric enterprise applications
- Design, implement, and support interfaces between system applications
- Identify and implement improvements in existing services, including optimizations
- Work closely with cross-discipline team members from the definition of functional and non-functional requirements through ongoing operational support
- Work closely with the Architecture team and others to transform the platform components
- Design and implement improvements to existing Solr deployment and usage
- Continue to learn. Become a tactical member of the team. Design and implement quality solutions under limited guidance
- Build defined features to contribute value to the software codebase for a high-volume system
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Write automated unit tests
- Maintain documentation to share knowledge
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies and meetings
- Track work in ticketing system (JIRA)
- Participate in Pull Request reviews. Provide and receive feedback to improve continuously
- Ask clarifying questions. Learn everything you can about the product, its users, and how they interact with the product
- Expert experience with Solr, particularly large data systems and upgrades
- Intermediate programming skills in Java, including unit tests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Multi-functional team collaboration
- Knowledge and understanding of modern software programming/engineering
- Product delivery lifecycle - requirement refinement through ops
- Build tools - prefer Maven
- Memcached, Redis, or other networked cache
- ActiveMQ or other standard queuing frameworks
- Back end development - large scale data-centric applications