SMB Account Executive/Inside Sales Representative
Job Title: SMB Account Executive/Inside Sales Representative
Reporting to the Manager, Inside Sales we are looking for a motivated individual with the drive and passion to be successful in joining our expanding Sales team in a fast-paced, growing industry. This is an early-career Sales opportunity in Portland for our “Small Business” team for someone with no more than 1-2 years of Sales experience in tech (or Sales experience elsewhere with a serious interest in tech) to deliver new business to small customers in a defined geographical territory by promoting our SaaS based compliance solutions.
You’ll work with a great manager; no travel; lots of opportunity for continued development and a long-term career path growth. You should possess a results-oriented mentality, have an energetic personality, know the value of being a good team player, and be driven in determining your own W2 at the end of the year!
We offer a competitive base salary plus commission, as well as great perks and benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include frequency of functions.
- Actively engage with prospective new clients via phone, and web conference to introduce Smarsh products and value proposition
- Nurture and grow the existing client base, with a strong sense of customer satisfaction
- High volume of prospecting activities and lead generation within your assigned territory to identify new potential Smarsh customers in the SMB segment
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly bookings goal
- Interact with Management team in 1:1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide high quality service
- Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
- Provide industry regulation changes and updates to or client base, as and when implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time hourly/salary position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Education and Experience
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.]
- 1-2 years prior sales experience
- Track record of sustained success/over-achievement in a sales role
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiation and closing
- Knowledge of financial markets and or hosted technology services is highly advantageous
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar or working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree preferred