Business Critical Support: Technical Account Manager – Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Level 2/Tier 2)
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Business Critical Support: Technical Account Manager- Sr. Technical Support Engineer
The Business-Critical Support Technical Account Manager – SR. Technical Support Engineer (BCS TAM – Sr. TSE) is the 2nd tier technical support position within the Level 2 Worldwide Customer Support hierarchy at Smarsh.
This role is critical to the success of Smarsh’s global support strategy with regards to top-level support to our most strategic and key customers. This individual contributor position requires an individual that is highly customer focused, assertive in seeing customer issues to resolution quickly and efficiently, excellent communication skills and works well within a team. This position requires leadership qualities and a ‘take charge’ attitude with strong customer relationship management and cross-functional coordination within Smarsh.
A BCS TAM will be assigned to one or more customer accounts to provide dedicated support, integrate with the customers IT/OPS technical contacts, become an expert with the assigned account(s), and advocate for both the customer and Smarsh. Regular open case review meetings, reports, QBR’s, health checks are required based on the customers’ needs. Occasional on-site visits once per year per customer may be required. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills. You will work with our customers and partners to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the Smarsh platform and service offerings.
- Research, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve highly challenging technical issues
- You will provide thoughtful direction and support for technical inquiries
- Expected to manage workload in a fast-paced environment and be proactive with customer issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and high personal character
- You will reproduce customer issues and log tickets with Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- You will create and submit documentation and knowledgebase articles to empower customer self-service and enable their success with our solutions
- You will work closely with Engineering, QA, Consulting Services, Dev Ops, Sales, Customer Success
andProduct Management on a variety of tasks. Occasionally you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team to better improve the customer experience
- You might be asked to serve as a Technical Account Manager for our largest enterprise customers and partners. They will look to you for technical guidance
- The BCS TAM may be pulled into Bridge Calls, system outages, and critical production impacting issues working directly with premium accounts, vendors, partners, and customers, as well as internal resources
- Provide input in support resource training plans, documenting materials, training and mentoring resources based on specific subject matter expertise. Creating and improving documentation and training materials to empower customer self-service and enable their success with our solutions
- Participation in on-call rotation for holiday and/or weekend support coverage (as needed)
- Manage daily support shift turnover meetings and hand-off of critical issues between shifts
- You will collaborate and contribute to Support Team infrastructure tools and processes
- Minimum 4+ years industry equivalent experience - 6+ years preferred
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent job experience preferred
- Ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback
- Exceptional soft skills and customer service
- A strong understanding of ITIL methodology (Major Incident Management; Service Request vs Major Incident)
- A strong understanding and experience with Unified Communications, Enterprise Social Software, Community Networks, Data Archiving, and Public Instant Messaging applications
- Windows Server or Linux expertise – navigation and tools
- Strong understanding of SQL Server and/or another RDBMS
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and time zones
- Able to debug and identify network issues
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skills
- Expected to possess excellent project management and reporting skills and can present data in a detailed and organized manner when working with their assigned accounts. Case handling must be exceptional
- Experience with cloud-based long-term e-mail and data archiving solutions is preferred, i.e. Smarsh, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Symantec Enterprise Vault, ZL Technologies, Iron Mountain
Communication: Extensive ability to communicate and troubleshoot with both a technical and non-technical audience.
Written Skills: Possess excellent written communication skills: Ability to document effectively within the Smarsh case tracking CRM in a succinct and clear manner so that others within the organization can understand an issue and follow through.
Oral Skills: Possess professional oral communication skills: Ability to articulate clearly and succinctly when discussing or presenting topics. Possess strong listening skills with both an internal and external audience. Foreign language capabilities a plus.
Problem-solving and resolution: Extensive ability to analyze and troubleshoot critical production software issues, manage and solve issues under conditions of uncertainty and under extreme deadlines, and possess the ability to record and present factual information. Expert ability to effectively diagnose, evaluate, prioritize, and manage reported issues, understanding and recording of business impact, escalating and routing issues when other resources are required in providing the solution.
Experience working with at least one major CRM tool providing case documentation, communication and escalation support.
Soft-skills Training – CSP: Certified Support Professional and/or Customer-Focused Technical Support Certification
Project Management Professional – PMP: Required for BCS – Project Management Professional Certification
Technical Training – RDBMS: Demonstrated technical proficiency in relational database applications as required for the specific solution set Oracle and/or MSSQL Server:
Technical Training – O/S: Demonstrated technical proficiency in multiple operating platforms as required for the specific solution set. Windows: MCSE and/or Linux: RHCE