Sr. Technical Support Engineer
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Sr. Technical Support Engineer provides 2nd level technical support to Smarsh customers through phone, e-mail and web. The candidate should be capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and use proper discretion in evaluating/escalating customer issues and diffusing difficult situations.
This role is critical to the success of Smarsh’s global support strategy with regards to top-level support to our most strategic and key customers. This individual contributor position requires an individual that is highly customer focused, assertive in seeing customer issues to resolution quickly and efficiently, excellent communication skills and works well within a team. This position requires leadership qualities and a ‘take charge’ attitude with strong customer relationship management and cross-functional coordination within Smarsh.
The role requires the candidate to interface with Engineering, QA, Consulting Services, Dev Ops, Sales, Customer Success and Product Management teams and Partners to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Provide 2nd level support to Smarsh customers
- Manage support cases and ensure that the issues reported are recorded, tracked, resolved and followed-up on promptly.
- You might be asked to serve as a Technical Account Manager for our largest enterprise customers and partners. They will look to you for technical guidance.
- Fault isolation and root cause analysis.
- Reproduce customer issues and test potential fixes.
- Diagnose and resolve application, database, operating system and hardware level issues.
- Contribute technical articles to the knowledge base
- Manage weekly conference calls with customer.
- Participation in on-call rotation for holiday and/or weekend support coverage (as needed)
- Manage daily support shift turnover meetings and hand-off of critical issues between shifts
Skills & Qualification
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of experience in providing technical support for enterprise applications or networking products.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent job experience preferred and Good academic background with an aptitude to analyze and troubleshoot engineering problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Network environment (Domain structures).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP
- Knowledge of interconnected systems, DHCP, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, DNS.
- Knowledge of enterprise application deployments using Load-Balancer and Proxy servers.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to understand network traces using tools like Wireshark, Ethereal is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Systems such as Microsoft SQL/Oracle MySQL.
- Quick learning ability
- Strong fault isolation and root-cause analysis skills to diagnose and solve complex technical issues.
- Certifications such as CCNA, MCSE are a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Real-time communication applications & security products and experience in supporting collaboration applications like Instant messaging, web-conferencing is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize a case load
- Energetic, enthusiastic and participative.
- Desire to raise the bar for the whole team.
Communication: Extensive ability to communicate and troubleshoot with both a technical and non-technical audience.
Written Skills: Possess excellent written communication skills: Ability to document effectively within the Smarsh case tracking CRM in a succinct and clear manner so that others within the organization can understand an issue and follow through.
Oral Skills: Possess professional oral communication skills: Ability to articulate clearly and succinctly when discussing or presenting topics. Possess strong listening skills with both an internal and external audience. Foreign language capabilities a plus.
Problem-solving and resolution: Extensive ability to analyze and troubleshoot critical production software issues, manage and solve issues under conditions of uncertainty and under extreme deadlines, and possess the ability to record and present factual information. Expert ability to effectively diagnose, evaluate, prioritize, and manage reported issues, understanding and recording of business impact, escalating and routing issues when other resources are required in providing the solution.
Experience working with at least one major CRM tool providing case documentation, communication and escalation support.
Soft-skills Training – CSP: Certified Support Professional and/or Customer-Focused Technical Support Certification
Project Management Professional – PMP: Required for BCS – Project Management Professional Certification
Technical Training – RDBMS: Demonstrated technical proficiency in relational database applications as required for the specific solution set Oracle and/or MSSQL Server:
Technical Training – O/S: Demonstrated technical proficiency in multiple operating platforms as required for the specific solution set. Windows: MCSE and/or Linux: RHCE