The Product Specialist is the member of the overall Product team responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog so as to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components the team is responsible for. The PO has a significant role in quality and is a team member empowered to accept stories as done.
- Responsible for refining and preparing the product backlog for release planning
- Contribute to the prioritization of epics within releases through definition of a roadmap
- Translate the business commitments, priorities and objectives into stories for the engineering organization
- Understand the technical architecture and the solution to ensure proper allocation of effort during a release
- Responsible for building, pruning, and maintaining the team backlog which consists of user stories, defects, and product enhancements.
- Accountable for keeping the process of story definition, estimation and implementation.
- Write release notes for internal teams
- Leverage agile methodologies and ceremonies for the purpose grooming stories and communicating sprint priorities to stakeholders
- Ensure all stories have acceptance criteria
- Review all test plans associated with the sprint
- Validate that all stories meet the acceptance criteria
- Attend all sprint planning and demonstration meetings
- Continued collaboration with the Product Lead to ensure alignment of critical commitments and future business objectives
- End-to-End ownership for a product which includes the operational stability, scalability and maintainability of the product.
- Being the voice of the sprint team for the organization
- Evangelizing the product across the organization
- Keeping customers and users apprised of status and getting their feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel is not required for this role
Education and Experience
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Project Management and dealing with customer data
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
- Demonstrate technical aptitude
At Smarsh we believe in putting people first, inspiring confidence, and embracing the impossible. We are humble and hard-working, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a broad mix of experience levels and collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success.