Manager, Site Reliability Engineer
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Essential Functions below:
- Facilitate and lead a cross-functional agile team. Responsible for the productivity, quality, and success of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management to gather requirements.
- Organize the team to provide consistent and steady output.
- Remove blockers and impediments that impact the team.
- Motivate, guide, and mentor the team to grow in knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical input as needed, but primarily create and environment where the team can self-organize.
- Facilitate and enforce all agile ceremonies and meetings. Ensure processes are followed. Adapt as necessary.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members via regular 1:1 meetings.
- Listen to feedback from the team and use it to improve the environment and productivity of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years industry experience.
- Bachelors or equivalent.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Azure and/or AWS deployment experience
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with declarative IaC frameworks: BOSH, Terraform, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt
- Experience working inside modern observability platforms like:
- Centralized logging (ELK, Splunk)
- APM (New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace)
- Platform telemetry (DataDog, Nagios)
- Experience working delivering with CI/CD pipelines (Concourse, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience with full-stack engineering from Java and/or .Net front end services to backend storage systems in both SQL and No-SQL contexts
- Strong experience in public and private cloud contexts (API driven infra)
- Experience with search platforms like Elastic and Solr at high scale
- Strong coding experience in any of the following: java, python, ruby, go
- CloudFoundy experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience leading SRE teams in SaaS context
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Experience working in cloud-native and on-premise platforms
- Strong mentorship experience taking SRE teams through transformational periods
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/ fast paced environment
- Proven track record of leading implementations of build and release engineering best practices, both processes and technologies
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- Full understanding of Agile software development principles.
- Familiarity with modern software development lifecycles.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
*We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
About our culture:
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.