Compliance Attorney - Remote / WFH
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Smarsh is seeking a detail-oriented, strategic-focused Compliance Counsel to join our growing Legal organization and drive Smarsh’s compliance initiatives through cross-functional collaboration.
- Drive company-wide compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including any compliance requirements set out in customer contracts.
- Maintain corporate records and manage company subsidiaries in collaboration with Finance team.
- Serve as primary in-house counsel to support Human Resources and Facilities teams on compliance-and-immigration-related matters.
- Responsible for compliance-related questionnaires (including RFPs) for customers and partners.
- Serve as a member of Smarsh’s DEI initiative representing the Legal organization.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations to analyze their applicability to Smarsh.
Education and Experience
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an ABA accredited institution
- Active bar member in any state
- 5+ years’ experience in the practice of law or similar advisory position
- 2+ years’ experience in compliance-focused work
- Membership in the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics is highly preferred
- CCEP certification is highly preferred.
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A curious, thoughtful, and proactive professional who enjoys being part of a team
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts so they are meaningful and persuasive for the intended audience
- Committed to providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of technologies, including Chat, email, and phone
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.