Application Support Engineer - Incident Management - Remote / WFH
Smarsh is seeking an Application Support Engineer to join our fast-growing Incident Management team. Our Incident Management Team provides industry-best service to customers and partners using Smarsh products and services. Focus is to ensure timely response and rapid resolution of inbound requests. Support delivery spans all assisted and digital support channels.
This candidate will apply product and industry expertise to actively diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the most complex/advanced customer/technical issues.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of more than 6500 customers in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal, or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- Provide frontline support role for Enterprise products or Backline support role for SaaS-hosted solutions or Enterprise products.
- Work on or manage assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and high degree of initiative is required in resolving problems and developing solutions.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting Linux-based systems with the ability to identify and resolve system related issues, analyzing logs and hardware problems working alongside the platform and Engineering teams.
- Ensure team adherence to SLAs for support coverage for initial response and timely resolution for customer cases via phone, web, and community.
- Develop broad and deep expertise for an array of assigned products to maximize first contact resolution.
- Apply product and industry expertise to actively diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the most complex/advanced customer issues.
- Proactively take steps to optimize and maintain system, application, and network health and performance.
- Participate in the culture of continual service improvement within the Smarsh operations team.
- Influence support organization to deliver quality service to customers and partners to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
- Proactively communicate with customer by sharing information to display a sense of transparency, following security and communication guidelines.
- Effectively manage cases to ensure timely customer status updates and ultimate resolution.
- Log and track cases using JIRA, maintaining detailed documentation of all interactions and statuses throughout lifecycle of issue.
- Review and publish documentation of applicable solutions for reusability for faster responses to recurring issues.
- Promote adoption and success of customers and partners using self-service offerings, including knowledgebase, community, and training resources.
- Actively participate in readiness planning and activities related to pre-release or new product introduction preparation for the support team.
- Develop product, policy and process improvements that improve the customer experience.
- Follow required polices and processes to maintain compliance with information security and data protection requirements.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have a Master's degree in the related fields.
- 1+ years in a support delivery role or 5 plus years industry/career equivalent experience.
- Requires advanced level IT, networking, database, virtualization or SaaS/Cloud application support experience with Java applications.
- Industry certifications in Windows, Linux, RDBMS, AWS are preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting complex technical issues to root cause, investigating and documenting root cause analysis for critical incidents and communicating the RCA details to executives and or customers.
- Advanced level expertise as Subject Matter Expert for assigned focused technologies or products as point of escalation for Operations teams.
- Project and program management experience is preferred.
- Some experience scripting and deploying automation into live production environment.
- Some experience at troubleshooting and debugging system performance issues.
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration and support.
- Experience supporting Java-based applications.
- Xen, KVM or other virtualization technologies.
- Database querying/administration (MSQL, Postgres, MySql, MariaDB).
- Creating and maintaining scripts in PERL, Bash, Python a plus.
- Time management and critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrable work ethic and ability to perform under pressure.
- Proficient in using Microsoft business applications, JIRA/Confluence and related platforms.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
What do we offer?Healthcare insurance:
- We provide medical, dental and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
- A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
- You’re happier when you’re healthier. So, we reimburse a portion of employees’ monthly health club expenses.
- Fully paid life and disability insurance coverage is provided from the day you start your job.
- The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
- We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.