Senior Product Marketing Manager - Remote/WFH
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
To accelerate innovation and be more responsive to customers, organizations in every industry recognize the need to leverage a broader range communication channels. Unfortunately, many business leaders are hesitant to fully embrace new social platforms because of legal and compliance concerns. Even when these platforms are the only way to engage customers and drive collaboration with remote staff.
At Smarsh, we understand these concerns and have designed the premier communications intelligence platform for supporting the future of digital business communications. We enable organizations to capture and archive over 80 different forms of communication from email to Slack for cybersecurity, e-discovery and adherence to regulatory requirements for customer engagement.
We have the best platform, now we need to make sure customers know how it works and delivers leading value – for communications retention and critical IT requirements. That’s why we need you!
- Be the Technical Marketing Expert: Work with product teams to understand how the platform works and is deployed. Convert product capabilities into customer outcomes. Translate the architecture and technology (SaaS, cloud-native, AI/ML, NLP) into operational values customers must have now!
- Help Accelerate Sales Velocity: Build enablement materials – training and content – that empower technical field teams to help business and compliance leaders understand how our offerings can be configured to deliver maximum value / technical decision influencers know how our offerings are deployed to support sudden growth, better manage IT costs and meet sustainability initiatives.
- Create High Impact Content: Craft buyer’s journey content that helps close deals: technical data sheets, demos, SE customer decks, reference architectures, etc.
- Serve as a Smarsh Ambassador: Engage with analysts, press and prospects – directly and via social media (e.g. blogs, podcasts and webinars) – to amplify our value to technical business and IT buyers.
- Champion the End User Experience: Work with field and product teams to understand feature requests – for IT teams and application administrators – so our offerings are always future ready, easy to use and integrate into existing IT operations. This may require MRD / PRD inputs.
Education and Experience
- College Degree.
- 7+ years’ experience in Technical Marketing or 3+ years in marketing plus 5+ years as an SE.
- Understanding of analytics, AI/ML and cloud technologies.
- Experience marketing to financial services or other regulated industries is a plus.
- Experience in videography, demo design (Camtasia) or digital design is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including copywriting.
- Proven experience in creating compelling messaging focused on Why Us and Why Now.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Ability to translate technical capabilities into customer outcomes and identify differentiation.
- Excellent market research skills and a passion for communicating the voice of the customer.
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.