Sr. Software Engineer in Test
If you are a Senior SDET with experience, please read on! We're looking for an experienced Senior SDET to join our amazing team!
Smarsh is a company built on collaboration and innovation. Our mission has always been to enable our customers to take advantage of the latest communication and collaboration tools, while staying ahead of compliance risk.
To achieve this, we look for disruptive thinkers who can work closely with a tight-knit team focused on delivering real impact.
We have thrived and continued to grow throughout the last 12 months and are looking for a Senior SDET who has experience with Linux to join our growing company.
The way we communicate has evolved. Innovative new tools allow us to work in fast-paced, dynamic and global teams. For modern businesses, this means exponential growth in their communications data. Many aren’t embracing these innovations for fear of the compliance, legal and reputational risk that accompany electronic communications.
We provide companies with a better way to capture, store, and monitor their communications. We enable our customers to focus on innovation and growth, while our industry-leading solutions enable them to manage communications compliance. This has been our core focus for 20 years. We believe that this is more important now than ever.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for defining and implementing test strategies, acting as a quality advocate for the product & teams while participate in the software design and development process with a focus on testability, security and operability. You will also help with architect, design and building CI/CD processes and software tools to improve quality and engineering productivity on the platform, and lastly help to develop test automation frameworks and test cases.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years direct experience in software test engineering role in an Agile software development environment
- 2+ years SaaS software testing experience
- 3+ years direct experience developing automated tests in one or more of Python, Java, Cypress or Groovy (e.g. Selenium or Geb|Spock)
- CI\CD architectures, preferably Jenkins or Bamboo
Nice to have
- Security testing: OWASP, SSL, WAF and Nginx
- Testing tools/frameworks: Spock, Pytest, Cypress, JUnit, Xray for JIRA
- Cross browser/device testing: Selenium, Cypress
- Testing RESTful APIs
- UI Integration, Load and Performance Testing with tools such as JMeter or Gatling
- CI servers: Bamboo
- Distributed version control systems: Git
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Web Services
- Advanced programming skills in relevant languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good understanding and experience in modern software programming/engineering
What's In It for You
- Healthcare insurance
- Take what you need PTO
- Employee-Recognition Programs
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Sabbatical (After six years of service)
- Paid time off for charitable activities
- mployee assistance program
- Monthly reimbursement for transit costs
- Parental leave
So, if you are a Senior SDET with experience, please apply today!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional open office environment and at a remote home office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time salary position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel required for this position.