Job Title: Account Executive
Reporting to the Director, Mid-Market and Inside Sales we are looking for a highly-motivated individual with the drive and passion to be successful in joining our expanding Sales team in the fast-paced, growing industry of digital archiving and business intelligence. This is a mid-level opportunity (minimum 3 years of tech Sales experience) based out our Portland office for our Mid-Market team.
Your primary objective is to deliver new business to mid-sized customers by promoting our SaaS-based compliance solutions. You’ll work with a great manager and high-performing team; 10% travel within the territory; lots of opportunity for continued development and a long-term career path growth.
You possess a hunter’s mentality, have an energetic personality, know the value of being a good team player, and be driven in determining your own W2 at the end of the year!
We offer a competitive base salary plus commission, as well as great perks and benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively engage with prospective new clients and current Smarsh clients via phone, web conference and in-person to introduce Smarsh products and value proposition
- High volume of prospecting activities and lead generation within your assigned territory to identify new potential Smarsh customers in the Mid-Market segment
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly new bookings goal
- Interact with Management team in 1:1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide high quality service
- Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
- May require modified work hours to cover accounts in other time zones and occasional travel for key accounts
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years prior SaaS or software sales experience
- Track record of sustained success/over-achievement in a sales role
- Experience selling to either Mid-Market or Enterprise level accounts preferred
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiation and closing
- Knowledge of financial markets and or hosted technology services is highly advantageous
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar or working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree preferred