Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, PRA, FCA and with our customers, to ensure they understand capabilities of today’s technology and our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
We recently acquired Digital Reasoning, the global leader in natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML). The addition of Digital Reasoning’s capabilities and expertise will further enable Smarsh customers to spot risks before they happen, maximize the scalability of supervision teams, and uncover strategic insights from large volumes of data in real-time.
At Digital Reasoning, we are creating a world where humanity is advanced through intelligent software products. We seek to evolve human reasoning and protect the things that matter across multiple domains. Our ground-breaking and patented technology learns from experience and is able to transform data into the knowledge clients need to accurately answer questions.
Principle Software Engineers must be an experienced technology leader, with experience leading technical decisions in cross-functional teams. The successful applicant will interface with product, software engineers, and architects to create scalable and resilient designs. Typical solutions at Digital Reasoning require large amounts of data storage and data processing; experience with distributed systems and data stores is a must.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build performant applications. Provide technical leadership to these teams
- Build APIs leveraged by web based solutions designed with security and scalability as key tenants
- Perform technical reviews, provide constructive feedback, and audit application code for best practices
- Provide feedback to peers through code reviews
- Provide expertise and best practices for data storage and retrieval
- Expert in Elasticsearch development or equivalent distributed noSQL search
- Expert in RESTful API design and development
- Expert in JVM languages (Kotlin is preferred, but not required for quick learners)
- Experience designing, deploying, and operationalizing microservices
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with cloud native development (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SPA (Angular preferred)
- Knowledgeable about CI/CD methodologies
- B.S. in computer science or a related field, M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years software development experience
- Proficiency with a JVM language (Kotlin, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency with Elasticsearch
- 80% Software Development
- 10% Mentoring
- 5% Agile Processes
- 5% QA
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers