Director, Marketing & Customer Advocacy
Director, Customer Marketing
Smarsh enables businesses to embrace innovation while managing risk. We are fueled by a community of over 6,500 customers, we capture communications across 80+ channels and we manage billions of messages per month. Analysts like Forrester and Gartner have consistently named Smarsh as a Leader in Enterprise Information Archiving and we’ve been named on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America every year since 2008.
We are humble and hard-working, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a broad mix of experience levels and collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like.
Reporting to the EVP, Corporate Communications, we’re on the hunt for an amazing Director of Customer Marketing. This is a newly created position that will drive the marketing strategy and execution plan aimed at growth, engagement, and retention across our global customer base. This role provides a unique and exciting opportunity to innovate and expand the Customer Marketing function at Smarsh, and to deliver impactful outcomes for the organization. This is a remote position.
The Director of Customer Marketing will lead marketing efforts aimed at customer growth, engagement, and retention. This includes:
- Ensure effective coordination, communication, and alignment cross-functionally with Demand Generation (DG), Account-Based Marketing (ABM), Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales
- Build specific programs with DG and ABM that will increase engagement, channel adoption, and CSAT (customer satisfaction) with existing Smarsh accounts
- Lead customer advocacy initiatives for sales and marketing references, testimonials, and case studies
- Lead the cross-functional effort to map and manage content and communication across the customer journey
- Drive programming aimed at strengthening customer engagement with our product set and Smarsh
- Develop internal training and enablement for campaigns and programs
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders on the management of our Customer Advisory Board
- Track, analyze, and report on customer marketing KPIs
- Capture and leverage direct customer feedback to influence products and communications, as well as to identify potential risks
- Connect with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
This role does not require frequent travel. You may need to travel once a quarter to other offices to be with other Marketing team members (less than 20%) once deemed safe.
- 7+ years of experience in customer marketing and 8+ years of experience in marketing overall at a B2B company
- Successfully built customer advocacy programs that can be adapted to the Smarsh customer base
- Strategic thinker and strong writer that can help tell a big story, create a stronger brand, and improve the overall customer experience
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers; customer-first mentality
- Exceptional interpersonal and influence management skills to work with cross-functional teams and drive alignment among key stakeholders
- Proactive, strategic, and solutions-focused marketing leader
- A passion for developing people and growing a team
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement
- Expert-level knowledge of B2B marketing and Customer Marketing best practices
- BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
At Smarsh we believe in putting people first, inspiring confidence, and embracing the impossible. We are humble and hard-working, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a broad mix of experience levels and collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success.