Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Senior Financial Analyst
We are seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A function reporting to the Director of FP&A. This is a person who can drive value, collaborate with others and improve capacity of the team. A key participant in the creation of the company’s operating forecasts in addition to providing management with analytical tools and information to measure performance of the Company.
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
- Assists in bottoms up forecasts and planning for the business using key performance indicators and drivers including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Develop complex financial models and supporting analysis on strategic initiatives and performance scenarios
- Analysis on complex financial information to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Complete departmental budget-to-actual and forecast-to-actual variance analysis with commentary
- Analyze and advise on SAAS revenue trends and metrics including, ACV, ARR/MRR, CAC, renewal rates, churn, ASP, etc.
- Analyze and advise on compensation including headcount, salary, workforce planning and key compensation drivers
- Analyze and advise on expenses including supporting product profitability, vendor economics, and PO management
- Work with large data sets to translate results into meaningful metrics and insights
- Able to present complex information and findings to small teams
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Previous experience with system administration and model development in Adaptive Insights required
- Advanced Excel skills and experience such as: nested functions, sumifs, vlookup, pivot table creation and development, visual basic / macros, arrays, etc.
- Experience with reporting financial data to others both verbally and written
- Experience with management and analysis of large datasets
- Experience with complex financial models using either Excel, ERPs, Power BI, Tableau or Planning Tools
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of GAAP and impact on financial forecasts
- Previous experience with a SaaS business preferred
- Previous experience with Salesforce, NetSuite or similar platforms preferred
The position requires occasional travel to satellite offices or conferences.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.