Tech Lead - Software/DevOps Engineer
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com In our space, Gartner has placed us a leader for 4 consecutive years. We are the right size for effective software engineering, not too small and not too big. Your contributions will be noticed, you will matter, and you will be part of a team that wants to succeed.
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 2001. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive, Business Solutions, & Federal Arch.
Tech Lead - Software/DevOps Engineer
As a Software Engineer in the Smarsh Delivery team, you will focus on developing and measuring capabilities that enable product teams to continuously deliver software. The Delivery team helps to ensure that high-quality software gets delivered to our users more frequently and more reliably.
Members of the Delivery team thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. They have effective written communication skills and are able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
You are a software engineer who wants to move to an end-to-end delivery role or a DevOps engineer with software development experience.
- Standardizing capabilities that empower teams to continuously deliver software
- Collaborating with Product teams to define, implement, and support delivery pipelines
- Decreasing deployment pain and driving out manual processes
- Measuring delivery performance and driving improvements to metrics such as lead time, deploy frequency, and time to restore service
- Equipping multi-disciplinary teams to use the solutions you build through pair-programming and demonstration
- Strong programming proficiency in one or more languages: (ie. Bash, Go, Java, Python, Scala, .Net or Ruby)
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with automation platforms such as Concourse, GitHub Workflows, or CircleCI
- Build and Distribution Solutions: (Maven, Artifactory or Nexus)
- Experience with IaC, preferably using Terraform
- Strong knowledge of Docker
- Experience with one or more IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, vSphere)
Practical experience on some of these topics
- TDD - Test Driven Development
- SOLID / 12 factor
- Accelerate / DORA metrics / Technology radar
- Pair Programming Paradigm
- T-Shaped approach - Generalist Specialist