Job Title: Software Engineer III
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products, we can imagine.
Smarsh is a global leader in natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Smarsh’s SaaS solutions transforms the risk and compliance industry with the first integrated, AI-powered solution for the retention, oversight, and analysis of electronic communications.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with product to create features our customers love. You will be using the latest tools and modern cloud platforms to build scalable enterprise grade systems. You will work with a talented cross functional agile team to design, build and deliver high quality, secure and resilient SaaS products.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build performant applications
- Build APIs leveraged by web based solutions designed with security and scalability as key tenants
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Perform technical reviews and audits of the application
- Provide feedback to peers through code reviews and merge requests
- You grok new material quickly and thrive in a fast paced development environment
- You provide constructive technical feedback and mentorship where appropriate
- You demonstrate excellent software design and technical decision making skills to meet solution needs
- You are a self-starter, confident, creative, an effective communicator and a team player
- You love the work you do and want to work with similarly passionate people
- You are pragmatic and effectively prioritize, estimate, and scope to deliver software on time with quality
- You write testable and maintainable software and are serious about software quality
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 years industry experience.
- BS in CS/Masters in CS or equivalent.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Advanced programming skills in relevant languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Good understanding and experience in modern software programming/engineering.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns
- Proficiency with a JVM language (Kotlin, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience leveraging RDBMS
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with NoSQL (Elasticsearch, Mongo, etc.)
October 5, 2021