Application Support Engineer - Linux - Hybrid/Remote
Application Support Engineer – Linux - Incident Management - Hybrid / Remote - Smarsh are seeking an Application Support Engineer with Linux systems administration and support to join our fast growing Incident Management team. Any experience with Linux flavours like - Redhat, Debian, Centos and Ubuntu at command line would be very advantageous. Our Incident Management Team provides industry-best service to customers and partners using Smarsh products and services. The focus is to ensure timely response and rapid resolution of inbound requests. Support delivery spans all assisted and digital support channels. Our Application Support Engineer will apply product and industry expertise to actively diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the most complex/advanced customer/technical issues.
How will you contribute?
- Provide a frontline support role for Enterprise products or a Backline support role for SaaS-hosted solutions or Enterprise products.
- Work on or manage assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative is required in resolving problems and developing solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux-based systems with the ability to identify and resolve system related issues, analyzing logs and hardware problems working alongside the platform and Engineering teams.
- Ensure team adherence to SLAs for support coverage for initial response and timely resolution for customer cases via phone, web, and community.
- Develop broad and deep expertise for an array of assigned products to maximize first contact resolution.
- Apply product and industry expertise to actively diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the most complex/advanced customer issues.
- Proactively take steps to optimize and maintain system, application, and network health and performance.
- Participate in the culture of continual service improvement within the Smarsh operations team.
- Influence support organisation to deliver quality service to customers and partners to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
- Proactively communicate with customers by sharing information to display a sense of transparency, following security and communication guidelines.
- Effectively manage cases to ensure timely customer status updates and ultimate resolution.
- Log and track cases using JIRA, maintaining detailed documentation of all interactions and statuses throughout the lifecycle of the issue.
- Review and publish documentation of applicable solutions for reusability for faster responses to recurring issues.
- Promote adoption and success of customers and partners using self-service offerings, including knowledgebase, community, and training resources.
- Actively participate in readiness planning and activities related to pre-release or new product introduction preparation for the support team.
- Develop product, policy and process improvements that improve the customer experience.
- Follow required policies and processes to maintain compliance with information security and data protection requirements.
What will you bring?
- Linux systems administration and support.
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues to root cause, investigating and documenting root cause analysis for critical incidents and communicating the RCA details to executives and or customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have a Master's degree in the related fields.
- Industry certifications in Windows, Linux, RDBMS, AWS are preferred.
- Advanced level expertise as Subject Matter Expert for assigned focused technologies or products as a point of escalation for Operations teams.
- Project and program management experience are preferred.
- Some experience scripting and deploying automation into a live production environment.
- Some experience in troubleshooting and debugging system performance issues.
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- Experience supporting Java-based applications.
- Xen, KVM or other virtualization technologies.
- Database querying/administration (MS SQL, Postgres, MySql, MariaDB).
- Creating and maintaining scripts in PERL, Bash, Python is a plus.
- Time management and critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrable work ethic and ability to perform under pressure.
- Proficient in using Microsoft business applications, JIRA/Confluence and related platforms.
Who are Smarsh?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of more than 6500 customers in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fuelled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humour. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh's leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.
What do we offer?
- We provide medical, dental and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal time off
- A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
- You’re happier when you’re healthier. So, we reimburse a portion of employees’ monthly health club expenses.
- Life and disability insurance
- Fully paid life and disability insurance coverage is provided from the day you start your job.
- The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
- We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.