Senior Platform Engineer, Data Services
Senior Platform Engineer, Data Services
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
About the Role
The PaaS (Platform as a Service) team is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our team and help build our 1CP product (1 Cloud Platform). We are building a best-in-class platform that is used by Smarsh engineering teams to build, deliver, scale, operate, and secure applications across multiple IaaS and multiple cloud vendors.
As a member of Data Services team within PaaS you'll be part of a team who manages, measures and improves production performance and reliability for our suite of data services (Elasticsearch, Ceph, MongoDB, Kafka, etc). Toil and data loss will be your number one enemy, redundancy and horizontal scaling your closest friend and your mission will be to drive operational burden as close to zero as you can.
Leveraging Big Data platforms to sustain this growth—you’ll be responsible for maturing our day 2 process across multiple technologies, environments, and locations. We’re looking for someone who is excited about modern engineering practices in cloud platforms, increasing the productivity of our delivery systems, and delivering value to our customers. Finally, we need someone with the ability and desire to continuously learn new technologies & processes along with taking the lead in the integration of those in our product lifecycle.
- Attend and actively participate in team ceremonies (stand-ups, retros and planning meetings).
- Coordinate efforts with globally dispersed teams.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process.
- Manage day to day operations of our SaaS cloud data store deployments ensuring health and performance of platform.
- Research and resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and long-term solutions.
- Design and develop tools and libraries for broader use by SaaS Operations and Engineering teams.
- Help define best practices and operational guidelines for scale-in, scale-out, fault tolerance and upgrades.
- Lead and actively engage in architectural conversations and plans.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with Product, Customer Success and Service teams regarding operational tasks and deployments.
- Listen to our internal customers, understand their pain points and mentor them.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process flow.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years managing large scale production deployments of Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka or similar.
- Proven track record of reliability and performance tuning along with modern engineering practices to solve operational burdens.
- Experience working with monitoring and observability tools like Datadog and Prometheus.
- Development experience across one or more programming languages (Python, Ruby, Golang).
- Experience operating on a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with container technologies, configuration management and orchestration platforms (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Cloud Foundry).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team.
- Proven track record of leading implementations of automation best practices, both processes and technologies.
- Participation on an on-call schedule supporting a global customer base.
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers