Manager, Quality Engineering
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Job Title: Manager, Quality Engineering
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products, we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
List Functions below:
- Facilitate and lead a cross-functional agile team. Responsible for the productivity, quality, and success of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management to gather requirements.
- Organize the team to provide consistent and steady output.
- Remove blockers and impediments that impact the team.
- Motivate, guide, and mentor the team to grow in knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical input as needed, but primarily create an environment where the team can self-organize.
- Facilitate and enforce all agile ceremonies and meetings. Ensure processes are followed. Adapt as necessary.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members via regular 1:1 meetings
- Listen to feedback from the team and use it to improve the environment and productivity of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time salary position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There is no expected travel required for this position.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Expert knowledge of application development with technologies like Java, Spring, ActiveMQ
- Strong experience with large scale/high availability Java applications
- Strong understanding and experience in cloud technologies, especially in AWS
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of a sophisticated data pipeline supporting development and operations
- Experience with search and analyzing semi-structured data
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience with modern agile principles and patterns
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Ability to participate in the requirements process, providing feedback and engagement to ensure sounds processes are developed
- Ability to review, analyze, and modify existing systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Willing to work closely with geographically distributed team members across time zones
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
Nice to have
- Experience working with Lucene based technologies like Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of/familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.