Sr. Professional Services Consultant
Senior Professional Services Consultant
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data
Smarsh enables businesses to embrace innovation while managing risk. We are fueled by a community of over 6,500 customers, we capture communications across 80+ channels and we manage over 3 Billion messages per day. Analysts like Forrester and Gartner have consistently named Smarsh as a Leader in Enterprise Information Archiving and we’ve been named on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America every year since 2008
About the Role
Delivers all details of customer and partner projects for the Smarsh platform. Interacts with the members of all the other technical and documentation teams at Smarsh. Ensures that projects are completed with excellence and in a timely manner.
- Post-sales consulting and training for Smarsh customers and partners (90%).
- Presales support of field sales team and reseller partners globally (10%).
- Create and execute project plans as well as other project deliverables to ensure that all aspects of the project are handled in a timely fashion.
- Drive continuous improvement, including creation and update of Smarsh Knowledge Base and Solutions
- Delivery Methodology procedures and templates.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to enhance products.
- Collaborate with teams internally and cross-functionally
- Confidently deliver of all phases of Smarsh consulting engagements (requirements gathering, architecture review, integration specification, architecture design, documentation and services delivery) as well as mentoring all the other members of the PS Team.
- Interpret business requirements to help translate those requirements into technology decisions to achieve customer outcomes.
- Play an important role in developing and maintaining the company’s image and reputation in the marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel will be required 25% of your time and will mainly be remote with the client(s).
Education and Experience
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in a Consulting or Professional services role working with networking and IT Security solutions.
- BS/MS degree Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience required
- Solid technical skills, comfortable in a hands-on environment using a broad set of skills and product knowledge.
- Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security.
- Fundamental understanding of software, networking and security.
- Passion for competition and the ability to maintain personable relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential and will have strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and ownership skills.
- You will possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
At Smarsh we believe in putting people first, inspiring confidence, and embracing the impossible. We are humble and hard-working, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a broad mix of experience levels and collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We are a global organization that values diversity and we believe providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success.