Java Technical Lead
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Java Developer Tech Lead
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Expert knowledge of application development with technologies like Java, Spring, ActiveMQ
- Strong experience with large scale/high availability Java applications
- Strong understanding and experience in cloud technologies, especially in AWS.
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of a sophisticated data pipeline supporting development and operations
- Experience with search and analyzing semi-structured data
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience with modern agile principles and patterns
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Ability to participate in the requirements process, providing feedback and engagement to ensure sounds processes are developed
- Ability to review, analyze, and modify existing systems
- Willing to work closely with geographically-distributed team members across time zones
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
Nice to have
- Experience working with Lucene based technologies like Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of/familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL.