Cloud Application Developer
Cloud Application Developer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured.
About Enterprise Archive
Enterprise Archive is a cloud-based platform that stores and handles (archive/ search/discovery) over peta bytes of data. It uses cutting cloud scale technologies (like Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Storm, Kafka, S3) to solve very complex storage problems at scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Management/Product Owners and rest of the team to understand, design and implement product stories
- Make changes to the code and review other’s changes
- Deploy and monitor the changes
- Create required documentation and keep them up to date
- Proactively communicate risks and progress in a timely manner to team
- Provide feedback in retros and help team to improve
- Take ownership of the work and goals
- Be on call and help with incident response
Desired skills & experience
- Degree in Computer Science with a consistent academic record
- Minimum of 4 years of development experience in building reliable, scalable and distributed cloud-native systems
- Hands-on experience in event-driven, micro-service design and development, preferably Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience in multiple programming/scripting languages, preferably Java/Go
- Hands-on experience in writing unit tests and practicing TDD/BDD.
- Experience working with version control and continuous integration systems, preferably Git and Concourse
- Experience with Elasticsearch, S3 and MongoDB data storage solutions
- Experience with messaging systems, preferably Kafka
- Experience building and deploying applications using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Good analytical skills and proven ability to root cause complex issues in scalable and distributed deployments using monitoring apps like Datadog, New Relic
- Crisp and clear communication, both written and verbal
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers