Software Engineer IV, Data Engineering
The Software Engineer IV will work both independently and collaboratively with the Data Engineering team. This position will be a designated resource to improve the quality of code customizations, develop new features, solve technical problems, research and update technologies and mentor and collaborate on designs delivered by the team of developers.
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
· Collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to build performant applications
· Build compelling data processing workflows utilizing a variety of technologies: RDBMS, noSQL, parallel processing frameworks, and unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
· This role participates in technical reviews and audits of the application and provide feedback to peers through code reviews and merge requests.
· They are required to grasp new material quickly and thrive in a fast-paced development environment. They should demonstrate excellent software design and technical decision-making skills to meet solution needs.
· They should be a self-starter, confident, creative, an effective communicator and a team player.
· This role should be pragmatic and effectively prioritizes, estimate, and scope software deliverables.
· Can solve problems independently and learns new technologies when appropriate.
· Applies research and conducts POCs to validate designs.
· Mentors junior engineers.
· Conducts design reviews and can explain technical concepts to stake holders.
· Can document analysis, design, requirements, and test cases effectively.
· Independently manages quality of code for all check-ins.
Education and Experience
- S.in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns
- Proficiency with a JVM language (Kotlin, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency using RDBMS effectively
- Experience with RESTful API design and best practice including OWASP
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving
- Quickly coming up to speed on and contributing to a complex code base with minimal supervision
- Writing high quality, well tested, and maintainable code
- Rapidly prototyping and evaluating software, technology, and algorithms
- Working in a team environment on shared code using current development tools (IntelliJ, Maven, Git, etc.)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.