Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
As a Lead Engineer on the Product Development Engineering team, you are responsible for providing technical direction with the team and possess expert knowledge of the Product in a functional area. In addition to providing technical support, you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach junior team members, and you will work closely with QA, DevOps, and Product Management team members.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The de-facto expert in all things technical. Possesses expert knowledge in a particular functional domain.
- Responsible for technical direction within the team. Is able to weigh the pros and cons of various solutions and credibly argue for the best path
- Work closely with Product Management and the rest of the agile team to define features and their implementations with careful attention to quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Can break down complex technical solutions into abstractions that the rest of the team can understand
- Can investigate and solve complex bugs, performance, and scalability issues
- Participate in troubleshooting and fixing Production issues.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies and meetings
- Track work in ticketing system (JIRA)
- Participate in Pull Request reviews. Provide and receive feedback to continuously improve.
- Mentors and coaches junior team members
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time salary position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8+ years industry experience
- BS in CS/Masters in CS or equivalent.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Expert programming skills in relevant languages.
- Strong analytical, design, problem solving skills and customer focus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Good understanding and experience in software architecture/software engineering.
- Good understanding and experience in continuous software delivery.
- Strong understanding of business and/or technology domain.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.